Table of Contents
I want to be certified in an ISO Standard, what should I do?
The certification of an ISO Standard together with a quality management software is important for any company; it allows to have an error-free work methodology with the objective of providing adequate solutions for better results.
A quality management software is an ideal technological tool for companies seeking to establish a high quality standard, in order to offer the best products and services in the market while standing out in their industry.
On the other hand, the quality management software has the same principles as a traditional quality management system, however, this has digital tools to facilitate the process through strategies that give better results.
Similarly, being part of the companies certified by the ISO 9001 standard provides greater reliability to customers by offering high quality products and services to its public along with optimized processes that increase performance.
The requirements of a quality management system are defined by different previous steps that are opportune to obtain the ISO 9001 certification; the process is not simple but with team work it will be possible to implement the system.
What is ISO 9001 certification about?
First of all, ISO 9001 certification is a standard recognized in various fields for defining an efficient framework along with a set of best practices for productive internal logistics that satisfies your customers.
Quality management software such as the one available from QUALITYWEB 360 provides the necessary tools to obtain ISO 9001 certification without losing time by ensuring the requirements for a timely quality management system.
Likewise, certified companies have a well-defined quality control system, whose internal processes have been analyzed and comply with the standards established by the ISO 9001 norms for productive work development.
Also, a quality management software opens the door to excellent opportunities such as increased performance by the organization’s human resources, increased customer satisfaction and recommendation by third parties.
Steps for a correct certification
When complying with the requirements for a quality management system, each of the stages of the certification process must be taken into account in order to establish the guidelines for an efficient certification process.
Some steps for certification are:
- Diagnosis: The analysis of the current state of the company is ideal to establish a starting point; it serves to define the main objectives.
- Documentation: It is timely to document the development of the current processes to define a clear vision of them; also formalize a plan for the objectives in quality, customer commitment and process.
- Training: Staff training is fundamental in the process, changing the mentality and adapting good practices is a major challenge for the implementation of the standards.
- Implementation: At this point the tools and plans previously defined are carried out, where the new structure begins to develop.
Internal audits: Constant reviews and corrective actions for errors must be applied to be ready for certification.
- External audits: Carried out by external organizations, there are also pre-audits to define deficiencies. The status of the organization is analyzed to find non-conformities with 30 days for their solution.
Likewise, it is essential to implement software quality management in today’s companies; by complying with ISO 9001 standards, continuous improvement in the organization’s performance can be ensured.
Requirements for certification
The requirements for a quality management system are varied and seek to comply with ISO 9001 standards to ensure continuous improvement within internal processes while eliminating deficiencies within them.
In this sense, the process of quality management in software increases the speed in terms of optimizing the activities of the company, even so, a prudent period of time must be established for the proper adaptation of the standards.
Among the requirements we have:
- Economic investment: A quality management software provides advantages within the market of competitors and brings with it an implementation that requires an investment by hiring professional advice.
- Maintain legal requirements: Certified companies must establish certain legislations for ISO 9001 certification; some of them can be licenses for commercial activity, local laws and others.
- Staff training: Adequate training is essential to implement quality management software, thus accelerating productivity in the process.
- Participation: The human resource of the company will have to be engaged for future audits in companies that seek to monitor the evolution of the organization.
Finally, in QUALITYWEB 360 you will be able to count on a quality management software that will be in charge of complying with the requirements in an efficient way, thus achieving productivity within the internal processes for an adequate quality in the products or services and to fulfill the expectations of the clients.